SHRM Certification Online Tutorial Pathway
Business leadership has changed over recent decades. HR professionals now operate at the core of the global enterprise, ensuring the alignment of policy and practice with organizational strategy. The new SHRM credentials, the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), reflect the expanding role of today’s HR professional.
If you are a current holder of an HR generalist certification* in good standing and you obtained your certification by January 31, 2015, you are eligible for SHRM’s new certification – at no cost – by completing the online tutorial pathway described in the steps below by December 31, 2015.
- Visit shrmcertification.org/pathway.
- Create an account and select “Online Tutorial Pathway.”
- Affirm that you hold a valid HR credential.
- Enter current certification details: certification name, issue date and expiration date.
- Agree to abide by the SHRM Code of Ethics.
- Access and complete the Online Tutorial via the link sent to your e-mail.
- Receive your SHRM credential once you complete the pathway process, and begin a three-year recertification cycle. For up-to-date details on recertification, visit shrmcertification.org/recertification.
You will not lose or have to give up any of your current credentials in order to obtain the new SHRM certification. Any professionals who did not obtain a generalist certification by January 31, 2015, will not be eligible for the online tutorial pathway and instead can take the SHRM certification exam during the spring or winter exam window.
*Eligible HR generalist certification programs include: PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP and IPMA-CP.
PHR, SPHR, GPHR, HRBP and HRMP are registered trademarks of the HR Certification Institute and are not SHRM certifications. SHRM has no rights to the “IPMA” trademark, and IPMA-CP is not a SHRM certification. Other HR generalist credentials may also qualify based on SHRM’s review. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information.
Affiliate NewsSee All >
Dear HR Professional,
Welcome to the web site created for human resources, personnel and industrial relations professionals from throughout Western New England.
Since 1945, the Human Resource Management Association of Western New England, originally known as the Industrial Relations Association, has been a progressive ogranization who's purpose is to:
promote professional relationships; encourage and facilitate operating effectiveness of human resource professionals;
- bring to members a greater understanding of human resource issues;
- improve standards of performance in our profession;
- and provide a means for exchanging ideas and discussing problems common to human resources administration;
Dinner meetings are normally held the third Monday of each month featuring speakers and programs on a variety of human resource topics. Meeting times, locations and topics are announced here on our website's Calendar of Events and via email. If you would like to receive meeting announcements via email, please send an email to Pam Thornton, Membership Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, be sure to contact us via phone (413) 789-6400, fax (413) 789-6470, email, or mail at:
Human Resource Management Association of Western New England
P.O. Box 1070
Agawam, MA 01001-6070