Vice President of Human Resources
Seeking a forward-thinking leader, with a strong Human Resources generalist background to lead and manage the Human Resources function of a 2000+ employee not-for-profit Human Service agency serving the 4 counties of Western Mass. The position will be located at the Corporate offices in Springfield, MA. In addition to developing HR strategy, policies and procedures and providing guidance and consult to the senior management team, this position is responsible to create an efficient, informed and customer-friendly HR Department. S/He must manage through a hands-on role and will be very active in the day-to-day administrative details of a 10 person HR department. The qualified individual for this position will have previous experience in leading and supporting an HR department and all of its core functions. This position will report to the President and CEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's Human Resources function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner with senior management; translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation; included in this area but not limited to the following would be programs for on-boarding, employee relations, affirmative action, policy and procedure compliance, Corporate Compliance, employee and environmental safety and career development.
- Develop and maintain the organization's recruiting, staffing and performance management systems.
- Minimize the agency’s exposure through effective management of Worker’s Comp, FMLA, labor-management relations, unemployment, OSHA and other health and safety issues.
- Successfully manage and negotiate benefits and administer compensation programs.
- Work collaboratively with agency counsel to insure compliance with employment law.
- Oversee management of employee complaints.
COMPETENCIES AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- SPHR certification desired.
- Experience with Employment Law strongly preferred; Juris Doctorate degree highly desired.
- 10 years of progressively responsible HR supervisory and/or management experience.
- An experienced leader and senior Human Resources director; experience working in HR Department of a healthcare setting preferred.
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized, self-directed, forward-thinking and creative individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player.
- History of improving processes and/or functions to transition HR department to “next” level.
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to: Claudia.firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/bhninc/en-us/job/United-States/VP-of-Human-Resources/J3G7NL69639G715FCCF/
Be sure to mention you saw this position on the HRMA of Western New England website.